Our social run this month will be a virtual monthly challenge!
April 2020 SMC Virtual Monthly Challenge
How to do this is simple, just go out and run our normal 5km and/or 10km route along the Nasese Seawall at anytime between 1st & 7th April 2020.
Remember these routes are out and back from the Bowling Club!
Make sure you hit the 2500m mark at the bottom of Vuya Rd if you’re doing the 5k, and keep an eye out for the 5000m turnaround point for the 10k that we’ll graffiti on the ground as you approach the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive.
Synch your smartphone or GPS watch with your free Strava account and the time for that segment is auto-magically recorded in your account and on the Club Segment page
The running segments are set up for SMC 5k and SMC 10k on Strava already for you! No need to even find them or load them, just run the route
Due to popular demand we have expanded the race period to a whole week, from 1 to 7 April to run either or both these segments any number of times between these dates.
On 7 April, we will announce the ‘winners’!
- You can run these segments as many times as you like to get your best time!
- Only recorded segments between 1st April and midnight 7th April 2020 will be counted
- Remember to keep your social-distance, 2m from everyone
For those that use Strava, check out our Club Group.
If you don’t use it, have a look, it’s a good way to record your progress and can add a hint of competitiveness to an otherwise mundane training run using your smart phone or GPS watch.
On the Suva Marathon Club Strava Page you can log your daily run streak, track your progress and connect with others like you around the world who are aiming for our events once we restart them.
What you to do in a few easy steps:
- An iPhone, Android or dedicated GPS device – see list of devices here
- Simply join Strava here, IT’S FREE!
- Join Suva Marathon Club run club (Explore > Clubs > Suva Marathon Club)
- Turn on your device and go for a run
- Sync your activity and start your run streak.
- Why not challenge your friends to run the April 2020 SMC Virtual Monthly Challenge and share your progress with them through Facebook and Twitter!